Cuando estas empezando a sentir que te estas perdiendo….
Korean Street Food!
Sorry if the timing is weird :| I tried to make it seem like it’s one going after another! Also, I’m sorry for typing so much info ㅠㅠ
Also! 포장마차 (Pojangmacha) are the little street stalls (sometimes on wheels) that serve this type of food :D
- 떡복이 (tteokbokki/ddeokbokki) - spicy rice cake: one of the most famous recipes known from South Korea. It consists of sticky rice cakes, chili paste, various vegetables and more! From my experience, it tasted a bit sweet but also spicy. This is the only recipe out of the others that I’ve attempted to cook and of course, you can switch around with the amount of spice (I can’t really have any because well :| not prone to spice, even hot cheetos)
- 호떡 (ho-ddeok) - korean pancakes: sweet pancakes filled with brown sugar syrup filling.
- 딸기 사탕 (ddal-gee sa-tang) - strawberry hard candy: actual strawberries that have been nicely coated with a layer of boiled syrup.
- 기밥 (kimbap) - “Korean sushi”: kimbap is roughly called “Korean sushi”, or at least, that’s how I had to explain it to people I was selling to. It’s basically the same concept but can have different ingredients inside. When comparing to sushi, kimbap has beef (or any prefered meat) inside, but of course there’s vegetarian versions also. The other ingredients may include: pickled radish, carrots & eggs (etc.)
- 순대 (soon-dae) - animal intestines: (I actually felt uncomfortable making this one haha), is a Korean dish made generally by boiling or steaming cow or pig’s intestines that are stuffed with various ingredients. The most common type of soondae is made of pig’s intestines stuffed with cellophane noodles (dangmyeon), barley, and pork blood
- 회오리감자 (hweh-o-lee-gam-ja)- Tornado Potatoes: made their first appearance in Korea between 2005-2007. They are made by either skewering the whole potato and cutting with a specialized spiral slicer, or by first cutting the potato and then skewering it. The latter method is often employed when adding a sausage. The potato is spread evenly along a skewer and deep-fried. The cooking process fuses the potato to the skewer and holds it in place. When it’s served to the customer, the tornado potato is often sprinkled with seasoning. Common flavors are cheese, chili, and barbecue. Sometimes they’re even served with dipping sauces.
- 붕어빵/잉어빵 (boong-eo-bbang/ing-eo-bbang) - fish shaped bread: originally came from Japan, which is way there’s a similar meal: Taiyaki. It can be filled with red bean paste, but I think it can vary depending on taste. It is a desert so even though it’s called fish shaped bread, I don’t think there’s actually any fish. .__.
- 김치 (kimchi) - fermented cabbage: I wouldn’t be able to finish this post without some KIMCHI~ so maybe most of you already know what it is since well, it’s basically in almost all Asian supermarkets these days, or at least the ones I go to. It is usually made with cabbage but it can be any vegetable I believe. I know this isn’t really a “street food” (maybe) but it’s just almost everywhere, even on other street foods! And just like tteokbokki, the taste can always be adjusted.
If you would like to create these dishes on your own, I know 2 youtubers who provide lovely little tutorials on how to cook a variety of Korean food:
Those are the only two I know, but—! If you know anymore, feel free to tell me so I can add them onto this list! ^^
☺ Do you have a favorite Korean street food dish?
Korean Street food …
From EXO showtime I get that BaekYeol are the fun ones, SuChen are EXO’s punching bags, LayTao is quiet in general, XiuHan looks out for one another all the time, SeKai are their puppy maknae, Kris is the cool and calm poser and D.O is their 4D king that rules ‘em all! (anon)
I think Kris has a lot of natural aegyo. But when he tries, it’s awkward. When he doesn’t, it’s amazing.
Credit: Top Star News
tonicliu es verdad ._.
Sometimes I wonder if certain members aren’t popular in Korea/China because the fans have seen them do despicable things. As international fans, we never really get to see them off camera and are just liking them based on what we’re fed. (Anon)
me lo encuentro tan cierto
– T A O R I S. op We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/94580057
tonicliu esa lengua *-*
I wonder if Tao is still upset with Kris for insulting Gucci in Thrift Shop.
EXO Showtime’s new segment: MC Kyungsoo and Baekhyun
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA EXO MEMES tiene algo que ver en esto?!?!
gracias tonicliu por la ayuda :3
tonicliu, esto es como para ti XD